College Profile: College of Health Care Professions-Northwest
The College of Health Care Professions (CHCP) is dedicated to providing quality training to individuals interested in the allied health care fields. Knowledge and proficiency are attained through demonstration, actual operation of equipment, and practice of learned techniques. It is our aim to provide students with the knowledge and technical proficiency that will make them employable for entry level positions in the allied health care field.
* To provide a faculty qualified by education, experience, continuing education and on-going professional development in the field(s) for which they are assigned to teach.
* To prepare students fully for entry-level employment in the student’s selected field.
* To ensure student acquisition of knowledge through lecture, examinations and evaluations.
* To ensure student acquisition of competency-based skills through laboratory training within the institution and clinical training utilizing externship facilities.
* To prepare students to take the appropriate certification/licensure examinations for their selected program.
* To assist students to gain professionalism skills, study techniques, test taking techniques; and further, how to utilize the student resource center(s).
* To prepare students for their job search by providing opportunities to learn interviewing techniques, develop electronic communications, and prepare a professional resume.
The College of Health Care Professions is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) for both degree and non-degree programs.
713-425-3120 (financial aid)